Tuesday, September 16, 2008

A fistful of links

Last week I finally received my pre-ordered copy of Eric Goldberg’s Character Animation Crash Course! It made me want to go back to the basics and start doing all the proposed exercises, but I have to postpone this a little. So far I’ve read the book twice cover to cover. It works perfectly as an addition to The Animator’s Survival Kit and Preston Blair’s books.

If you haven’t already listened to Clay Kaytis’ Eric Goldberg Podcast Part 1, I'd highly recommend to do so, because the second instalment is expected to be available soon.

I’m sure you have already read this on various blogs, but none the less: Hans Bacher is back since last Friday! I don’t know how he does it, but there are already countless wonderful posts and the good news that he’s working on a new book. Anyone with a serious interest in color or production design will be delighted.

You may have noticed, I added another new link: On Ushuaia, art director Luc Desmarchelier shows some of his spectacular design works for various major studios. Check out especially his older posts with pencil and color sketches for Sony’s Open Season.

Speaking of color, colourlovers.com recently posted some classical optical illusions.

Last but not least, Luke Farookhi wrote a beautiful piece about the early David Hall storyboarded version of Alice in Wonderland.

No comments: