Thursday, October 31, 2013

Cutout Wolf

The last few weeks, I have been busy animating clips based on illustrations by Brigitt Andermatt for a live performance of Sergei Prokofiev's PETER AND THE WOLF (Петя и волк) by a local orchestra (Orchester Cham Hünenberg). To make up for a lack of substantial posts, here are two exclusive clips (without any sound, obviously).

Illustrations by Brigitt Andermatt
Live-action backgrounds by Remo Hegglin
After Effects animation and compositing by Oswald Iten.

Doing cutout animation for a change was a very interesting experience. After all, it would have been impossible to animate 35 minutes of music and dialogue in a hand-drawn style, even if animation was only used to give a hint of life to otherwise static illustrations.

I was actually glad that Brigitt had already done the illustrations when I joined the team as I would have been too strongly influenced by Disney's 1946 version that I have loved for years. As soon as I had learned about the project, I didn't allow myself to see it until the shows were over since I was also responsible for color styling of the more abstract scenes. Now that the shows have been successful, I am looking forward to revisiting it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you wish for to get a great deal from this piece of writing then you have to
apply such methods to your won weblog.

Review my blog :: spiele kostenlos online spielen ohne anmeldung ohne download